Monday, February 15, 2010

Hope & Change

I am thinking about the power of hope to help us move, do, try... and which brings us to make changes in ourselves, in our homes, in our relationships. Those changes then inspire, motivate and encourage us to greater hope and then that hope leads to greater change. It's an upward spiral to ever-better things.

So how's that for waxing philosophical about a cleaned out and re-organized closet? I decided I wanted another filing cabinet, and there on Craigslist was a free one! We moved out the microwave and the dresser, put in some more crates, and -- voila! -- things are looking like we mean it. And we swept under the stairs and moved the tool box and coolers in. That freed up the space behind the couch, so we laid the carpet tiles back down. We're just redoing all over the place, and it feels good. (I especially like the part where we get rid of stuff.)

I HOPE I can keep up with the CHANGE, and that the CHANGE brings me more HOPE. I hope it doesn't just make me confused. (Julie, age 5, commented, "This house is just getting so... wierd. You keep moving everything around.)

2 comments:

  1. I love Julie. I really would like to rearrange my place but I don't have enough space to do it. Keep up the good work. LOVES! Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that Julie has never lived in a different house... try explaining how weird that would be.

    ReplyDelete