Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Energy

I am learning the value of getting off to a good start (can you believe it? I woke up AND GOT UP before my alarm went off). I'm not sure why I just popped awake, but I've felt good lately. It must be the making and keeping of commitments -- doing your best is energizing!

Among other things -- Steven's school project, Julie's play date, lots of dirty dishes -- Dave and I tackled the basement storage area: rearranging the shelves, clearing out boxes, and sweeping. (Speaking of sweeping: it sure is amazing how such a simple task makes such a difference. I bet that applies to other things in life; I'll give that some thought.) I am excited now about continuing (never finishing, really, since it's ongoing) the work down there. Once I turn my focus on a project, I can't figure out why I didn't do it earlier. Getting started seems to break down all the (imagined) barriers, and pushes me forward.

We were encouraged and energized by the boys, who put their miner's headlamps on (Christmas gifts from Santa) and climbed around the crawl space. They even drew a map! They were pretty excited, so we let them go back in to put some things away. (They definitely fit in there better than I do.) The attitude you take to your work affects your energy dramatically. That's a good lesson for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment