Sunday, February 14, 2010
Catch Up
Why do I have to learn, over and over again, that it's easier to keep up than to catch up? With everything from journals to housework to relationships, the focus and discipline to keep them where you'd like them to be (and to make them even better) pays off a hundred-fold. I KNOW this. So am I really too busy to read my scriptures, make that phone call, pick up the broom, capture the thoughts and experiences and feelings of my day, start the washer? Or do I lack the faith, wisdom and / or courage? Joseph Smith said that "anything not of faith is sin." Ouch -- it seems I have some repenting to do! I am grateful for the chance -- each day -- to try again, to get it, maybe not right, definitely not perfect, but at least a little better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I learn this same thing about 8 times a semester when I realize that that paper is due, or that I have to read 10 chapters of a text book... I guess it's a life long lesson.
ReplyDelete