Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Accountability

I took my son to a therapist, but who can I take myself to? I am up and down, all over the place. (For example, yesterday was a .33/7 day -- I didn't watch any television.) I guess I'm trying to be my own therapist, but I definitely need someone who will hold my feet to the fire at least once a week. Or maybe just listen attentively and sympathetically to my pathetic excuses and gushing victories. I don't think that will fix my problems, but KNOWING that someone will ask for an accounting would certainly change some of my choices.

This would help my children, too. (I mean the ones still at home, though the older ones are free to request phone counseling. :>) I see a need for me to be more supportive and more structured: to give THEM the accountability that I also need. Okay! the "think out loud on paper but really typing" method has worked again: I need to schedule weekly interviews with my children (and try to figure out who wants to hold one with me).

1 comment:

  1. You should totally call me once a week. How about Fridays? Or even Sundays? I would love to talk to you more then that as well. I can report back to you at the same time. It will be like AA or Weight Watchers. "Hello Valorie. I'm so pleased with your accomplishments." Really. Sundays. Be there or be a cube.

    ReplyDelete