Things have been a wreck around here lately. Personally: sweets, novels & TV galore. Family: arguing, playing, yelling, chasing. School: homework done late if at all; grousing. Housework: I'm sorry, I don't know what that is. Is that why the floor crunches when I walk, the bedrooms look ransacked and there's a funny smell in the bathroom? You get the idea.
But we've had record warmth (can't really call 55 degrees heat), the sun is shining, the trees are budding and the daffodils and crocuses are beginning to shoot up. I swept, I mopped, I washed, I dried, I folded, I put away, I wiped, I opened and voila! things don't seem that bad anymore. There just might be hope for me. (Well, I suppose there always IS hope, but the question is whether I will embrace it.)
Sometimes I wait for the sunshine from outside to start my hope to shoot up and my growth to begin budding. I need to remember that there is always Sunshine for my soul when I turn to my Savior and let His light -- which is ever present, maybe even more so when the clouds gather and the storms rage -- illuminate and enliven me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are the greatest! And thanks for helping me with my taxes th other day. I'm glad to have that over with.
ReplyDelete