Friday, March 12, 2010

Blinded by the Light

You're not supposed to look directly at the sun, because they say it will burn your retinas. Don't let that stop you from looking elsewhere for intensely focused light -- it will be a blessing. When I look at all the great and amazing qualities and abilities of my husband, I am blinded to any small traits that I don't share or enjoy. (This is true for every person I have the privilege to know well, but he's the easiest and most obvious example. ) When I let my blessings and my gratitude occupy my mind and heart, I don't even notice the little gravel of inconvenience or discourtesy along the path. When I keep my eyes focused on my Savior, the sins and hurts that beset me become insignficant. I see no darkness, I fear no pain, I cry no fault: I am blinded by the light of joy, love and priceless worth shining from each soul, each step, each day.

1 comment: